首页 > 美文同人 > 一句一译的安徒生童话 > 第51章 陀螺与球 The Top and Ball

第51章 陀螺与球 The Top and Ball(1/2)

目录

《陀螺与球》,1844 年

theand ball, 1844

一个陀螺和一个小球一起放在一个盒子里,和其他玩具放在一起,陀螺对球说:“我们住在同一个盒子里,我们结婚好吗?”

A whippgand a little ball y togethera box, aong other toys, and thesaid to the ball, “Shall we be arried, as we livethe siple box?”

但是这个球,穿着摩洛哥皮革做的外衣,自视甚高,就像其他年轻小姐一样,甚至都不屑于回答。

but the ball, which wore a dress of oroo leather, and thought as uch of herself as any other young dy, would not eveo reply.

第二天,这些玩具所属的小男孩来了,他把陀螺涂成了红黄相间的颜色,还在中间钉了一颗铜头钉,这样当陀螺旋转起来的时候,看起来非常漂亮。

theday ca the little boy to who the pythgs belonged, and he paihered and yellow, and drove a brass-headed nail to the iddle, so that while theng round it looked splendid.

“看看我。” 陀螺对球说。

“Look at ,” said theto the ball.

“你现在怎么说?

我们彼此订婚好吗?

我们会很般配的;你能弹起来,我能跳舞。

没有人会比我们更幸福的。”

“what do you say now?

Shall we be eo each other?

we should suit so well; you sprg, and I dance.

No one uld be happier than we should be.”

“真的吗!你这么认为?

也许你不知道我的父亲和母亲是摩洛哥拖鞋,而且我的身体里有一块西班牙软木塞。”

“Indeed! do you thk so?

perhaps you do not know that y father and other were oroo slippers, and that I have a Spanish rky body.”

“是的;但我是用桃花心木做的。” 陀螺说。

“Yes; but I a ade of ahogany,” said the .

“是少校亲自车制我的。

他自己有一台车床,对他来说这是一项很大的消遣。”

“the ajor hiself turned .

he has a turng the of his own, and it is a great aent to hi.”

“我能相信吗?”

球问道。

“ I believe it?”

asked the ball.

“如果我没说实话,就让我再也转不起来吧。” 陀螺说。

“ay I never be whipped aga,” said the , “if I a not tellg you the truth.”

“你确实很会为自己说话。” 球说;“但我不能接受你的求婚。

我差不多已经和一只燕子订婚了。”

“You certaly know how to speak for yourself very well,” said the ball; “but I ot aept your proposal.

I a alost eo a swallow.

每次我飞到空中,他就会把头探出鸟巢,问:‘你愿意吗?’而我已经在心里默默地回答‘愿意’了,这就跟已经订了一半婚差不多啦;不过我保证永远不会忘记你。”

Every ti I fly upthe air, he puts his head out of the , and says, ‘will you?’ and I have said, ‘Yes,’ to yself silently, and that is as good as beg half engaged; but I will proise et you.”

“这对我可没什么好处。” 陀螺说;之后它们就再也没和对方说过话。

“uch good that will be to ,” said the ; and they spoke to each other no ore.

第二天,小男孩把球拿了出去。

day the ball was taken out by the boy.

陀螺看到它像鸟儿一样高高地飞在空中,直到完全看不见了。

thesaw it flyg highthe air, like a bird, till it would go quite out of sight.

每次它落回地面再弹起时,都会比之前跳得更高,要么是因为它渴望向上飞,要么是因为它身体里有块西班牙软木塞的缘故。

Each ti it ca back, as it touched the earth, it gave a higher leap than before, either becae it loo fly uards, or fro havg a Spanish rkits body.

但第九次它飞到空中后,就再也没回来。

but the nth ti it rosethe air, it reaed away, and did not return.

本章未完,点击下一页继续阅读。

目录
返回顶部